Saturday 13 December 2014

cinoh: carpentrix: I am far away from home, in India, outside...





cinoh:



carpentrix:


I am far away from home, in India, outside Bangalore, in a middle-of-nowhere place called Sangam House. I left the November that I love for different air and different shapes of leaves. I saw a fat toad today, a gecko lizard, and a beetle that looked like a small turtle who made more noise when he fell off the counter and hit the floor than I’ve ever heard a bug make. He probably weighed as much as a quarter. I’m upsidedown from long travel and aching for the people I love, especially this Thanksgiving week. Always a surreality: one place, home, time dilates and compresses, then someplace else so far away, as if for a little while you exist in two places at once, or nowhere at all. Flower petals in a copper dish on the desk in my room was a lovely welcome, a reminder you are here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management