Tuesday 24 March 2015

guelphmfa:Studio Visit with Patrick CruzQ. Tell us about...

































guelphmfa:



Studio Visit with Patrick Cruz


Q. Tell us about yourself.


A: I was born in Manila, Philippines. I migrated with my family to Canada when I was 18. My birthday is March 21st, 1987. I have a pinch of chinese blood and a third of Spanish blood and the rest, God knows. I am currently a Filipino-Canadian citizen. I love seafood.


Q. What are you currently working on?


A: My work deals with the implications and various manifestations of globalization. As an immigrant affected by economic turmoil, I see the process of displacement being a blessing and a curse. My art practice always constitutes an active process of negotiation, interrogation and production. Currently, I am interested in researching the parallels and intersections between pre-historic desire and futuristic aspirations, through the production of art, mysticism and technology.


Q. What are you most excited about for the 2015 Open Studios/Shenkman Lecture?


A: Michael Snow, pearls of wisdom, visitors, good conversations, tasty food, people, beer, wine, cheese, critical dialogue, crackers, feedback, picture taking, cleaning the studio, end of an era, birth of a new chapter and Summer.


To learn more about Patrick’s work, visit: http://ift.tt/1BhFivE



SAVE THE DATE: The Dasha Shenkman Lecture in Contemporary Art with Michael Snow and MFA Open Studios is on Wednesday March 25, 2015.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management