Sunday 30 August 2015

Some of the PeopleLater onthe house went smaller and smallerand the green moss grew on the...

Some of the People

Later on
the house went smaller and smaller
and the green moss grew on the shingles
and vegetable things in red and yellow
flowed orange and gold into women
and the grey child
went searching for one more colour
beyond blue eyes and brown hair
past the red tremble of leaves in October
and the silver women
beyond the death-black forest
to where all colours begin
I made believed myself
my mind’s feet
In a town that looked like a hole
torn in blue clouds
locked in my own body
I had the build the buildings up
later the day will return horizontal and gloomy

Al Purdy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management