Wednesday 2 November 2016

"Being a woman artist is always, always fighting and always having to just be strong. And sometimes..."

“Being a woman artist is always, always fighting and always having to just be strong. And sometimes that bleeds into my friendships or romantic relationships, because I’m always having to put up these walls because in romantic relationships you kind of have to give and take. I always want to be on equal standing with who I’m with and it’s hard when the person you love is also fed these ideas about masculinity and femininity.”

-

Mitski

Revisiting my interview a few years ago with Mitski, whose new album comes out next week. 

(via hazelcills)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management